Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"New" furniture for Sullivan's room


Mom and Dad brought me 2 nightstands that were in my grandparents house. They were plain and so mom and I decided they needed to be stained and painted! We got all the tool and then she left me high and dry! :) I spent all weekend painting and loved it all from the sanding, staining and painting and especially my finished products!! The night stand is so cute in his room and it is so nice to have a place for his lamp and drawers for puzzles and books. His table was one I got at a yard sale this summer. Paid a whopping $4.25 for it! It was a solid white IKEA table that he has added a little orange highlighter to. Anyway, we painted the top with magnetic paint and then chalk board paint and the legs red to match his table. It is adorable and he loves it!! The chalkboard paint is awesome! I have to get him some new chalk and magnets now! ( Ignore the yellow lamp, I am repainting it red also. I do not like the yellow but thought I would.) I will have to post a picture of his room once it is finished!

No comments: