Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Time

We headed home 10 days early for Christmas. Unfortunately Mike had to head back to work but he did get to hunt while he was there. They do call it hunting for a reason. ;) Mom and I shopped some, but Sullivan got sick and that slowed us down tremendously. Other than Sully being sick Christmas was as usual, wonderful - filled with so much family and friends, lots of wonderful gifts, yummy eats and of course constant reminders of how blessed we are as a family and as individuals!
There was so much going on that I have decided to post in sections, so...this first section is our annual Lynam-Bateman Christmas Party. We have been doing these as long as I can remember. We used to do them on Christmas Eve and I can so vividly remember Zeke and I in the backseat of the car looking for Rudolph's nose as we drove home. Things have changed so much since we were little. We have sadly lost many family members and as the circle of life beautifully goes we have added many members to our family - from marriages to new babies! This year the annual Christmas party was at Bootsie's house at the Santee - a place we all love. Bootsie is my aunt by marriage. Her husband, my Uncle Jimmy, was my dads first cousin. It is amazing how close our families have been and how much fun we have had getting together. Bootsie has always been so wonderful to my family and my kids and I feel really blessed that she and mom really keep our families close. The kids on the way to "Gogi's" house!!! They were so excited!
Bootsie had Santa come to her house as a surprise to all the kids. It was great! Some were pleasantly surprised and told him everything they wanted and others....well, were not so pleasantly surprised and just wanted to "go outside" when her got there. Yes that was my Sully. Elliott was so sweet to tell Santa what Sullivan wanted. All he wanted was a blue jeep and a baby sister! He did get a camouflage jeep from G.G. and Pop but I warned him that he may have to wait until next year for the baby sister. (G.G. was a little help to the baby sister part - I feel no pressure at all! ;) ) Ashley, Jamie and Bootsie taking pictures of Burns with Santa

Anna telling Santa what she wanted for Christmas - iPod, Sperry's, Hannah Montana stuff...

Sullivan's picture with Santa! He was terrified!

Elliott telling Santa what was on Sullybear's list!

The kids with Santa Clause! Notice Zeke is included in this pix! :)

Anna holding baby Laurel for the first time!

Sullivan holding baby Laurel. He asks to hold her all the time. He had a little assistance this time.

G.G. in grand baby heaven!
Soon to be another addition in the family!

My baby girl! Gosh I wish we got to see Anna more often!
We had a really nice time. The kids got lots of great gifts! They played well together and all behaved! The food was fabulous and the company was even better! We look forward to many more Lynam/Bateman parties!

No comments: