Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Judgement Granted

We headed home this past weekend because Britt and I FINALLY had a hearing for the day spa. For those that do not know, we sold our business to a con man and he basically "took" us for a lot of money and headache! We have been waiting for almost 3 years to have this day. Mike, Sullivan and I drove to Sumter Thursday as soon as Mike got home from work. Sullivan and the pups were troopers for the drive as we didn't pull in to Mom and Dad's until 10:30 pm. The next morning Sullivan stayed with G.G. while Mike and I headed to Charleston. We met Britt and our attorney and went to the court room to get ready. Our hearing was at 11:00 am on Halloween, how scary! Ferello(defendant) was not present. Our attorney went to see if the judge was ready and came back with the news that we did not have a court reporter and could not proceed until they found one. Finally we got one and got started... Britt testified and did great! The judge was a hoot. He knew Ferello well and after saying, "He is a menace to society!", "I wish I could grant y'all more money, but I can't.", he granted us our judgement. He then informed us we probably would not see a penny because he had just granted another judgement against him for $200,000. He said, "He was posing as a contractor for them, I guess he posed at a business man for y'all." So, we got our judgement and now we just have to decide if we want to pursue him criminally. It is not fair for people like this to be free in this world. Oh, the judge also gave our attorney another order against Ferello where he has 8 different alias'. What a mess!!!
After we left the hearing we went over the new bridge to Mt Pleasant. It was Mike's first time seeing it! It is really nice. We sure do miss this place. When we first met we were running and ran our second race, our first 10K over the Cooper River Bridge. It was quite an accomplishment for us. We actually have a picture of the old bridge(not grace) over our mantel that I gave to Mike when we got married. Mikey likes it!We met Britt for lunch at the Boulevard Diner for some good ole southern cooking! I had a fried green tomato, pimento cheese and ham sandwich. It was really yummy, especially those fried green tomatoes. I will have to work out for a week to burn it off! Mike had a fried grouper sandwich and Britt had fried pickles and a salad. I think I gained a few pounds just being in there. It was good to see Britt though and be back in our stomping grounds. Have I mentioned that we miss it???

After we left lunch we went by the old Garden Gate Day Spa and Salon itself. We ended up selling it to a girl who closed it down. She just could not do it. It is now a clothing store or something like that. Still cute as can be! We then showed up at Balance Spa and Salon to see Dorcas, a good friend and our sister in law. Dorcas used to work for me and later opened her own spa. She has since moved and opened a larger spa and salon. It is really nice! Tina, a hairstylist who worked for me and always did my hair, was there and so as we waited for Dorcas to finish up with a client I caught up with her. It was so good to see these ladies even if only for a few minutes! Wish I had time and money for a cut, highlights, massage, pedicure and facial!!!On the way home we drove by our old church, Seacoast. We sure did love that place and can not wait to be back one day. They have added on since we were there last and it looks nice! Have I mentioned how much we miss Mt Pleasant, SC??? It was a good day and now we were headed home to take Sullivan trick or treating with Elliott!

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Congrats but sorry to hear he doesn't have the funds to get you guys $$! :( Your day spa and salon was reaaaallllly cute! I love that style of house!

Coleen said...

Next time you're in Charleston look me up!