Saturday, November 8, 2008

Growing up so fast

Wow how Sullivan is changing. It has been so much fun lately. He is in a whole new stage. It is weird because we think he just went through a growth spurt and now all of a sudden he is napping again and not eating as much, but learning a little more. He is finally interested in his ABC's and I think he knows more than he lets on. Normally he will not even entertain the idea of saying them but tonight he repeated them all after me and said ABC on his own as well as knew what letter came next a couple of times. I was so surprised! He has also decided it is OK for me to sing. He has always hated when I sing. He would cry as a baby, then tell me "No, no, no!" when he learned to say "no" and more recently he says. " No Sing Mama!" I guess it is just THAT bad! The past few days I have sang Jesus Loves Me when I put him to bed and he has been singing with me, in his own little way. And he has been trying to repeat prayers with me, FINALLY. I know he can do it, he just has not wanted to. His sentences are so big now and his words are becoming more understandable. More so to us but once you are around him you can usually understand him. He tells us what he does at the gym. He will say, "I play in ball room." "Had fun at gym." Today we got a Walmart catalog in the mail and I showed it to him and told him to circle all the things he wanted Santa to bring him. We are trying to get him really excited about Santa so he will not cry in his lap this year. He got so excited looking at the pictures of toys and said, "Tell Santa Clause I Have." It was so cute! He was so funny pointing at pictures and telling us what he wanted Santa to bring. He would say, "I want this!" Then he got upset because he was ready to go see Santa now. Christmas is going to be sooo much fun this year. I just hope Mike's leave gets approved so we can go home.
As most of you know, the TIGERS lost again tonight! We are still so upset about it. They started out so good but it did not last long. Sullivan was yelling "touchdown" every time anyone got a touchdown! We did not have the heart to tell him he wasn't supposed to cheer for the other team. He was also yelling, "GO TIGERS!" It finally sounds like TIGERS!! He saw the CLEMSON TIGER on TV for the first time and got all excited! I can not wait to take him to a game! He is growing like a weed. He can be so bad, but so sweet! When he gets mad now he clenches his fists, his jaw and makes the cutest little face, sometimes turns red and gets watery eyes and growls. Yep, like the dogs! It is so funny! I have the hardest time not laughing. He also loves to cuddle and give kisses and hugs and I love and cherish all these sweet moments because I know before I know it he will be too "big" to be so sweet to his mama. It is so much fun to watch him grow up! We are truly having a blast!

2 comments:

Angie said...

How cute! They do grow up so quickly. When is the next one coming? ;) Someone needs to have a baby to love on, and I'll try not to steal them away! :D

Lori Parker said...

Girl, it is amazing when their language blossoms! As if you could love them more... wait until they wake you up with a crystal clear, "I love you, Momma. Let's cuddle." Man, their words will melt your heart into a giant puddle! Sullivan is very bright... be careful. Zoe was not nearly as verbal as Ellie already is, so we didn't know she understood all the things we were talking about... surprise... They do. And they will use it when you least expect it. LOL

You have a beautiful family, my friend. Thanks for sharing your stories :)