Monday, September 22, 2008

GG and Pop came to visit!!!

We had such a great weekend. GG and Pop came to visit us on Thursday evening. We told Sullivan they were coming but we do not think he got it until I said, "Sullivan, GG and Pop are here!!!" He was so excited screaming "GG!" "Pop!" Of course they came with surprises!!! Sullivan got new shoes, a new Clemson hat, a tiger Halloween costume, $10 in quarters for the ice cream truck, M & M's, a spring gun airplane and much more!!! Most importantly GG and Pop were here! On Friday we went to Naval Station Oceana for the 50th annual show. My father (AKA Pop) grew up spending lots of time at the airport his parents owned, then sold and ran. My Papa was a pilot, flight instructor for the military and my father subsequently has a passion for aviation. He has had his pilot license in past, but now just enjoys seeing them fly, flying with friends when possible and watching shows about aviation on TV as well as serving on the board at our local airport. Needless to say he was really excited about the airshow. Mike and I were too. I could not wait to see Sullivan's face lite up when he saw the planes. We got there Friday afternoon and found a spot to put our chairs. It was really cold and windy. We saw some neat old World War II planes and The Raptor F-22 (I think that is what it is called) fly. When the Raptor flew it felt like Batman had returned for real! That was one bad ass plane! Once it got dark saw an afterburner show and a jet truck! It was really a neat show. Fireworks coming out of the back of planes etc... Unfortunately the firework show and parachuters were cancelled due to high winds. Sullivan loved every bit of it! He hung with Pop most of the night and the two of them were peas in a pod.
Saturday mom and I went yardsaleing (is that a real word?) and piddling in some shops. We were planning to get to the airshow after lunch but got caught in traffic. Met the boys there just in time for the Blue Angels. Another great show! Sunday we took Sullivan to Hunt Club Farms to the petting farm! He played with goats, chickens, fed llamas and rode a pony! It was so cute! I cant wait to take him back for the Halloween festival. Pop and GG got him a pumpkin! With the pocket full of rocks and a pumpkin he was a happy camper! Then we took Mom and Dad to our favorite local ice cream place, Handels. As always it was delish! Mom and Dad didn't leave until today. We just hung out the rest of the weekend! It was such a nice visit! Mike and I both said today that we were so tired of being so far away from our families! One day....maybe we will live closer! Oh and by the way...GO TIGERS!!!

2 comments:

Traci said...

your pics are so cute Allison! Sullivan is such an adorable boy! I look at your blog all the time ... "holy mother of butt and thighs" ... you are crackin' me up!

Unknown said...

ha! just replying to your comment! (oh, and it is me, not Alan) thanks for the kudos! yeah, I try to only take them places that are fenced in! and man do they freak me out at the park when they are both trying to climb stairs and slide down slides ... I run around like a crazy person chasing this one or that one! it is fun though and I love to watch them play together! they love to wrestle!!