Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I turned 2!!!

On June 9th I turned 2. It was such an unusually wonderful birthday because I go to see so much of my family and I got to meet some I have never met before. We woke up at Noni's house and Aunt Tina came over and went with us to the Biscuit Barn for breakfast. There were all these little old ladies that worked there that had lots of make-up on and they talked kind of funny. They were so sweet to me and kept flirting with me. They even took me into the kitchen of the Biscuit Barn to get some flour on my nose. Apparently a Southern tradition there. Mom said she felt like we were on an old southern movie and she loved it! It reminded me of how the Italians loved on me so much except the accents were WAY different! Then we went back to Noni's house where my Aunt Barbara and Cousin Melanie met us for cake and ice cream! Noni got me a cake and they all sang Happy Birthday to me and Aunt Barbara and Melanie got me my first 2 year old present! It was wonderful! My mommy got a little choked up at the thought of me turning two but it was a happy day!

Aunt Barbara and Melanie and me
My first 2 year old present!
Then Sissy came over and we packed the car, loaded up the dogs, kissed Noni good bye and got on the road to Sumter. After 3 hours of riding we arrived in Sumter to GG and Pop so excited to see us! Even Uncle Zeke, Aunt Brett and Elliott came over. We had birthday dinner for Pop, Sissy and I with Cake and Ice Cream! Sissy and I got lots of gifts and we all got Pop a new camera! Silly mommy left her camera in the car so we didn't get any pictures. :( We then loaded up again and headed to the Santee!!! It was dark when we got there but we woke up and played in the lake most of the day! We swam and ate Watermelon and even Blue decided to take a dip! After our naps we headed back to Sumter for the Election party at Mr and Mrs Leventis' house! They had yummy food and I got to play and to top a great day off Mr Leventis won the primaries! At least that is what my mommy told me! Mommy and Daddy took Sissy and I back to the lake and we woke up the next morning to only GG and Pop. Mommy and Daddy left me for the first time over night for 5 days!!! I was thrilled and even though I missed them a little I was so busy and had so much fun, that I didn't miss them too much! I love the Santee and all my family! It was a wonderful birthday and vacation!
Breakfast at the Santee! Just like Mommy and Uncle Zeke used to do when they were little.


Learning to kick and float!OK, Don't go call Social Services yet! These were empty beer bottles that I just wanted to play with! Mom and Daddy rinsed them out and so I was only getting lake water if anything! Check out the new dock Uncle Zeke and Pop built!!!

1 comment:

Nanette said...

You have the cutest blog!! :)