Thursday, June 26, 2008

Children's Museum

Anna couldn't wait to go to the Children's Museum, so as soon as Mike had a day off, we ventured to Portsmouth. We drove to Norfolk and then took a Ferry across the Elizabeth River over to Portsmouth. The museum was 1 1/2 blocks from the port. A perfect little trip. The museum was great! Both kids had a BLAST and would have stayed ALL day if we would have let them. There was so much to do for all ages. I even think Mike and I learned a thing or two. My favorite part was the planetarium. Anna didn't really know what to expect and Sullivan sure didn't know. We went in and Sullivan lay back on me watching the "movie" on the ceiling and both kids were quiet and totally enthralled in the stars. It was such a neat mommy moment. I actually got choked up and had one of those moments only a mommy understands. My heart was full of so much love, peace and pride! Sullivan sat through the entire thing with barely a twitch. It was really neat. Anna's favorite exhibit was the bubble room. I will have to say it was pretty neat! Nothing like being INSIDE a bubble! After we decided we just had to leave (2:30pm, Sullivan naps at 2:00 and we had been there since 11:0 am) we went and had lunch at a sports bar and grill. We sat at a semi circle table so the kids could watch TV. I know, not the best way to have a family meal but...it was nice. After a ferry ride back to Norfolk, both kids got in the car and fell sound asleep. We will go back!



On the ferry over to Portsmouth



Shopping in the child sized grocery store
In a bubble, if Sullivan would quit blowing it!
I am THIS tall
Just like Alice in Wonderland....
Climbing the wall...


No comments: