Friday, August 29, 2008

Four Wonderful Years

Four years ago I married the man of my dreams, my knight in shining armor, my very best friend! I can not believe it has been 4 years already. Our babysitter couldn't keep Sullivan on Thursday night so we went out on Wednesday to celebrate instead! We decided to try out a new restaurant recommended to us by our good friends Sean and Kyla Phillips. It is a restaurant called Fresh - Tapas and Tonics and is where they went on their first date. Mike and I had never been to a tapas restaurant before so we were excited and didn't really know what to expect. I had to keep telling him it was Tapas, NOT topless!!! It was a very small restaurant, a nice intimate setting for a date and we had impeccable service. The food was amazing as well although we ordered a few too many things. Again our first time at a tapas. We had Pepper Caprese, Tuna Nachos, Fried Calamari, Lobster Tail, Asparagus, Potato Hash, Brie with Roumalade and fruit and Chocolate Cake a la mode for dessert. Oh and I had the BEST blackberry martini ever! It was delish!!! It was so nice to be able to enjoy our food and conversation with out pulling Sullivan out from under the table or trying to get him to quit yelling. He gets quite excited when we go out to eat. We were able to hold hands and talk and just really enjoy each others company. After we ate we decided to go to a local bar called Hot Tuna. We just wanted to go check out a band and see what the locals do around here. The bar was small and everyone there seemed to know each other except us. Snackbar Joones started playing about 10 and was AWESOME!!! Unfortunately babysitters are not free so we had to head home at 11. We had a really good evening though. Some well needed adult conversation and flirt time! On Friday, our actual anniversary I had a job interview. (It went well but I have decided that this is not a job that will be good for our family) After the interview Mike gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a cookie cake! YUM!!! We watched out wedding video and laughed so hard and cried some too. Our wedding was such an amazing time and we really enjoyed looking back. So much has changed since then. For one, Anna has grown up so much! She is still as beautiful as ever. I truly had the most beautiful bridesmaids! Our families are amazing!!! It was tough for us to see Kurt, especially when he talked at the end. It is still so surreal that he is not with us anymore. Sullivan watched it with us and would point out GG, Pop and Noni and get all excited. He got really excited when he saw me in my dress and veil. It was so cute! It is so weird that he was not there. Seems like he has been apart of us forever now. I can not imagine life with out that little guy! Or my amazing husband. I truly am the luckiest girl in the world! It was a wonderful anniversary and I look forward to many many more wonderful years with Mike. The memories will always be with us as we make many many more. Thanks to all our friends and family who have supported us and helped us be where we are today! We miss you all! And thank you Mike for being you! I could not have asked for more!
(If would have been a better celebration if NC State had beat USC though!!!)

1 comment:

Coleen said...

Congratulations! You're a beautiful couple.